It's crazy to think that it's been 10 years since that infamous day that we will remember forever where we were. Our parents remember where they were when Kennedy was assassinated, and we will always remember what happened and where we were when the World Trade Center was hit.
A month ago when we went to New York we were able to see Ground Zero. It was quite an impressive and humbling sight. To think that we were standing at the very spot where America was changed forever.
A month ago when we went to New York we were able to see Ground Zero. It was quite an impressive and humbling sight. To think that we were standing at the very spot where America was changed forever.
My brother and I were up getting ready for Early Morning Seminary when we heard on the news about a plane hitting one of the Twin Towers. We quickly turned on the T.V. to see what more information we could find out. Stunned we drove to the Church where we continued to talk about what was going on. All day classes seemed moot, we didn't learn much, except in Math where it seemed he had had enough and just wanted to get on with the day. I remember students being distraught because an Aunt or an Uncle had worked at the World Trade Center. It was a very emotional day, crying for the loss of these brave men and women who were there trying everything they could to help one another. For the courageous men and women who stopped 2 planes from hitting the Capitol. It was a strange day in a dream like way.
My Husband was serving a mission in Nicaragua at the time and didn't find out till a few hours later. Then quickly all the Missionaries were told to stay indoors until everything had settled down. (same happened with my brother in the Dominican Republic) they were so happy the Americans had been attacked that it was dangerous to venture outside, so sad. Has it really already been 10years?
I thank All the brave men and women who were courageous enough to put themselves in harms way to help those around them. May we never forget those feelings.
So where were you when you heard what had happened?
2 comments:
I was in zero hour health. I totally was just thinking of that the other day. My teacher got a call on his cell that he took in the middle of class because he was reserve military or something. Then we flicked on the TV. Crazy and scary. You're right though...I'll never forget where I was that day.
I was at marching band practice...man I'm so cool. Someone came running out and told us, we all thought it was a joke until our teacher took of running into the classroom to turn the tv on. I went from class to class watching the news in every room. I can't believe it's been 10 years.
Post a Comment