Months ago Anthony heard that Heart was coming to town. Now for anyone who knows Anthony or his family knows this is a HUGE deal. He really wanted to go but the tickets were a little to pricey for our sad student lifestyle. But like it always happens, the Gods smiled upon him and Groupon had a 60% off coupon for a concert at that amphitheater.
Heart is a Sister band who are from Seattle/B.C. area, which is probably why they are so cool :). And of course being sisters they have that amazing perfect harmony. I mean WOW! This sister act has been together since 1974 and they are still going strong. I've never heard such an amazing Rock singer. When Ann sings you think, that's not high at all, then you try and sing along with her, and your like, Holy Crap! That's all in her Chest Voice? (pardon the language:) She's seriously untouchable, and she has now been singing for over 40yrs with this group alone! and Her sister Nancy can rock the guitar like nobodies business. That's another reason for my huge respect for these guys, on top of being able to sing like crazy, they can rock any instrument under the sun and Rock it they do! You may know some of their more known songs, i.e. Barracuda, Alone, Magic Man...Along with some great Led Zep remakes like; Stair way to Heaven and a bunch of others, many people refer to her as the "Female Robert Plant".
Alright since I know you all care so much about Ann Wilson and Led Zeppelin , back to the concert. It was pretty sweet, it was outdoors on the grass, and it couldn't have been a more perfect day. Plus we got to see some SaWeet people trying to hold onto the 70's/80's. Did I mention Def Leopard was also there? (not such a fan but it brought out the crazy's which is always fun)
Here are a few of my favorite people we saw, we had to sneek taking these pictures, becuase we were the odd ones out there. I felt like singing, "Lets do the time Warp again"
We rocked hard, flashed a few people, got seriously high from all the weed that was being smoked (not joking) we had a serious case of the munchies when we got back :) All in all it was pretty fun!



4 comments:
You dont even understand how jealous I am of you guys. I LOVE Heart. One of my mom's favorite bands, I new all their lyrics by the time I was like, 8. So funny. THanks for the reminder, I am so going to get on pandora and have fun remembering my mom playing the air guitar to "Barracuda".
Haha, I love it! You two are hilarious! Rock on...
whatever, you know you were smoking it up with the best of them! looks like you had a blast!
p.s. my verification word is 'beardese'. I think your blog is trying to tell you to ease into growing your beard out. hahahahha
WOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Soooooooo glad you guys got to go and have some fun time together with one of your all time favorite groups!!!!!!!!!!
Love You Mom
Post a Comment