Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Rockets Red Glare

Happy 4th of July, It's only a month late no biggy! We very last minute decided to watch the fireworks from the Arch this year (which I had strongly decided not to do prior to:). We took the Metro with a couple a friends of ours and sat on the grassy knoll (I've always wanted to say that). While listening to a live concert put on by Montgomery Gentry right there under the Arch.
The Fireworks were spectacular, it was the kids first time seeing a firework show, I know lame right? They thought they were great! Although they did not think it was so great when I tried to cheer for them. I guess I'm louder than the blast of the fireworks....? Silly kids!

It only took us 3hrs to get home on the metro and the line to get on was over a 1/2mile long. We got very up close in personal with lots of strangers. What an adventure, at least we can say we've done it and we won't be needing to go back again! YAY! It was really fun and the free live concert was great, even if it was Country ;)

No comments: