First things first, our good friends the Ririe's were able to come for a short visit, they were nice enough to share their anniversary with us and hang out for a bit. It was so good to see them it's been awhile, thanks guys for stopping buy!
Next, our place is pretty much put together, so all the things that I've gotten over the past 1 1/2yrs at Good Will and other such places are finally getting to see the light of day. I'm pretty excited! We'll start off with the front room :
I found this little beauty at Good Will for $3 I cleaned it up a bit and recovered the stained cork with left over fabric from a pillow I reupholstered. It works great to hold our keys and wallet and phone. Love It!
I also found this at Good Will for $1.50, pretty ugly but nothing a little spray paint can't fix.
I Love the way they both turned out, they work perfectly and for a total cost of $4.50, plus scrap fabric, not to shabby!
Next is this beauty, that I got for FREE, that's right FREE!!! We have an AMAZING friend who I grew up with that lives in our ward, she has been such an amazing help, from helping us find a place to live, helping us move in to getting us AMAZING Custard. I'm pretty sure it was a fair trade, I gave her a bunch of our empty box's for exchange of a free piano. Man I'm good at making deals :)
We had a little key board but it wasn't a full length board, So playing anything on it was a little annoying. But this has a full length key board on it, as well as weighted keys so it feels like a real piano. It's Awesome!!! Thank you sooooo much Elise!
Next is a shot of our wall of pictures that I've taken over the years, they need to be desperately updated. But I got all the picture frames for Super cheap, as well as the wall shelf that I got at Good Will for $4 and the cute little Camera for $1.50 also at Good Will.
I also got this at Good Will on a day were everything was %50 off so it came out to be around $8.00, It was a little more but it was so sturdy, I couldn't pass it up, here's the before:
So I spray painted it and turned it on it's side and hung it up. I rather like it.
Here is the hall way Bathroom, I had this metal shelf from our old apt. So I spray painted it to match all the other beach things that I had lying around, total cost, $0!
When we moved from Rexburg we sold our table and chairs, which were pretty crappy and practically free. I found this awesome Table in need of some Major TLC. This picture was taken after Stripping it once. I thought there was no way I (or Anthony :) we wouldn't let me strip it because I'm preggers) was going to be able to get it all off. But with some major elbow grease we striped it down to it's natural wood.
But then I needed some chairs to go with it. I found 2 sets of 2 matching chairs, that were solid wood. So with the help of my parents we got them painted and finished before we moved. I Love the way they turned out, except the pink chairs are a little more pink than I was hoping for(espcially when I wasn't going for pink at all). So I may change them.
Here's the finished product.
Here is the hutch that we found at Good Will for %30 off, and it matched my table perfectly!! My Mom found it, it's seriously Gorgeous!
Last thing, I know this is Long, Sorry! I found this mirror for $3 at Good Will and I thought it would be really cute hung up somewhere it just needed a little paint
So here it here's all blue and purdy
So I know that this may not be near as exciting for you as it was for me, but it just goes to show that you really can get cute quality things, make them your own, and for cheap, and also family wanted to see our new place. :)
For the next post, I gave Anthony %100 reign over our room. He has so many memorabilia items and things he loves, I just couldn't say no. Tune in next time to see if it looks like I sleep in a bachelor pad :)
9 comments:
Wow, you've done some amazing things!! You have an eye for restoring furniture and decor.
Way to go, Laura! I love what you've done; you are so talented and creative. I'm going to email you with some questions about how to restore furniture and such. I've never done it myself, but it seems like something I could attempt!
Thanks again for this post. You are an inspiration! :)
Good job Laura! You are so creative!!
Awesome house duds! I love your work. I'm impressed with you letting Anthony do the room...I can't wait to see it! I don't have the guts for that...probably 'cuz it would never get done...or started! Miss you here in the Harbor!
You're so creative and thrifty! Good for you! I hope the settling is going great as well as the pregnancy and Anthony starting school again!
So cute Laura. I love your dining table and those cute colorful chairs.
I LOVE your hutch! I have wanted one forever. I love how it looks with your table! its an exact match. Good luck in your new home and new city!!
I love the way you have decorated your house!!! Everything looks so gooooood that you have redone, you are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can't wait to see it for real!!!
Love Ya Mom
Gorgeous!
Post a Comment