Saturday, May 19, 2012

Who does he think he is...?

Thursday was the Kindergarteners annual Parents Picnic. Anthony's Dad is in town so he was able to go. London was pretty excited to have us come for lunch. I've helped at the school and been on field trips so I know most of his classmates but Anthony has only been to the school once. And he hasn't met the infamous Sarah Beth yet.

It's pretty cute London comes home from school and we sit at the table and I grill him with questions about his day while he eats his snacks. He continues to tell me about recess and who he played with, usually, it's his buddy Carson. But things have changed recently and his two recesses have been split between his best friend and this adorable little girl, who happens to make him play hummingbirds. So I asked him, "how do you play humming birds?" he rolls his eyes and say's, "well she flaps her wings and runs around, she wants me to do it too but I don't always want to, but then she gets mad at me if I don't." Oh the things boy's do to impress girls. I told him he needs to get use to it. It doesn't end here buddy :).

One day after school he came home and said a girl was chasing him during recess and he say's, "How come there's a movie called how to train a Dragon, but not one about How to Train a Girl..." I about died from laughing so hard. He looked at me and said, "What...?" that kid cracks me up.

We sure did have a blast meeting his friends and seeing him in his environment, showing Miles and Ellie around the playground, they all had a blast.




I can't believe he's already done with his first year of school and will now be a first grader. I told him one day after school that he wasn't allowed to be a first grader because when boy's grow up they stop thinking their Mom's are cool, he walked over to me gave me a big hug and said, "Mom I'll always think your cool." He about broke my heart. I figured I had to document this so that one day I can show him that once upon a time, he thought I was pretty cool.

2 comments:

Dana Scarbrough said...

He will always think you're cool. And WOW- sooooooooooo funny!!

Lauren said...

That is so cute! What a funny and sweet little boy!