Well, London is an official 1st grader. Thursday was his last day of school and what a year, he has learned a lot, made lots of new friends and has grown so much. We are so proud of him. There has been many things that he has had to overcome this year, and by the end of the year he has improved so much. We couldn't be more proud of this kid. At the end of the year, his report card reported that he is above the Kindergarten reading level and has excelled in all other subjects. It's been so fun watching him. He loves to learn and just eats it all up always wanting more.
Our friends made signs to wave and carry around, all in all it was a pretty big deal :)
After we had our ritual snack and talk, which I will miss over the summer; me grilling him with questions about school, who did he played with at recess?, what was his favorite/least favorite part of the day?, what was something new that he learned?...the list goes on. We headed out to go swimming.
Here's Eleanor in her new swimsuit for the season. Seriously is this not the cutest thing in the World!?! Come on don't you want one just like that?
Quick story about Miles and Ellie, we were at a ward BBQ last week and Miles was walking around with Ellie helping her go down a slide. A little friend of his who adores Ellie kept following her and trying to pick her up. Ellie was getting annoyed and kept trying to get away from her. This little girl meant well and really wasn't doing any harm so I just watched from a distance knowing full well that if Ellie had had enough she would let this girl know.
I was not the only one noticing this, Miles knew that Ellie did not like this unwarranted attention and was clearly bothered that his sister was being "Picked on". Now Miles is a VERY patient boy and hardly ever gets upset and even more rarely picks a fight. He quietly walks up to Ellie and this little girl and puts himself right in the middle of them, and then puts his arms up blocking any contact between the two of them. He then proceeded to follow her around like this until the other little girl got distracted and found something better to do. I must say my heart swelled up with pride. Her brothers are VERY protective of her, so I wouldn't advise messing with her, she's got two brothers that have got her back :)


2 comments:
that is such a cute idea for the last day of school Laura! And yes, I DEFINITELY want a swimsuit like that- and in pink!
man, I need to remember all your awesomeness when James starts school this fall. you are so fun! and yes, I will take an adorable girl in a super cute frilly swimsuit. thank you!
Post a Comment