Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas in St. Louis

We've been trying to keep busy this Christmas Break. Thanks to Pinterest :), I'll share the links were I got some of my ideas!
London had a Christmas party at school, we all got to go and help out even Anthony which was super fun. Santa came to visit the class, you should have seen those kids. Sooo cute!

We've made Ginger Bread houses, Christmas cookies, Lots of Christmas Goodies,Amazing Monkey Bread for Christmas morning Surprised the kids and went on the "Polar Express" Saw more and more and even more Christmas lights. This is just One house, we saw it last year, but this year they even had a Santa at the front door. They had over 2 hundred Teddy Bears and they place decked with lights, it was pretty spectacular
We also did lots of different Christmas Crafts, and to not be left out, these rockin Snow flakes! I found a PDF that had a pattern to make some sweet star wars snowflakes. Anthony did a pretty awesome job, the kids Love them.  Yoda is my favorite seriously soooo cool!
Our little ginger bread villiage was pretty fun in the making. And Christmas isn't Christmas without some new Christmas PJ's Thanks Uncle Jonathan and Aunt Melanie. They LOVE them!
  
Ellie had a nose for treats and would grab a stool and snitch them whenever she could. 
Christmas morning came bright and early. Anthony was up before all of them waiting for them to wake up :) and Santa did not disappoint this year. It's so fun to watch their excitement, I forget I'm supposed to be opening up presents as well. 
We had a beautiful Sacrament meeting with a lovely Christmas Cantata that I was able to participate in. During some of the pieces, I know we had some help, I know I was certainly not singing nor the women beside me, some of those pieces get me so choked up. Don't you just wish Christmas was on Sunday every year? I Love it!!

Since we don't have any family around we, like on Thanksgiving, had some great friends celebrate with us. The kids had a blast and so did the adults with a rousing game of Farkle. It was a Great Christmas!!

Quick funny story: The boy's both bought a present for each other and were super excited about them. But we told them they could not tell each other what they were until Christmas. Christmas morning rolls around and we hear them all awake talking in their room. We come out and the first thing they say is..."I know what Miles got me for Christmas", we asked "how do you know" he say's "because we just told each other" I guess we should have been a little more specific that they needed to wait till they "opened" the present. I could just picture them laying in bed a 5am talking to each other and telling one another what they had gotten each other for Christmas. So Sweet!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

deargoodness said...

I'm glad London is wearing shorts when you went out to see the lights. Merry Christmas! Wish you could have come and spent it with us this year!

Josh and Tiff said...

How fun! That sounds like such a fun Christmas. And all of those crafty things you did are awesome! I'll have to try some once our kids are older.