This morning he was so excited he was up before 6. Before we left for the bus stop this morning, we had family prayer. I was saying it and got a little choked up. When I finished, he came over to me, gave me a giant hug, then went into the bathroom and grabbed me a tissue to wipe my eyes. That didn't make it better, it would have been better if he had just said, "Suck it up Mom" :) . What a sweet kid.
I was a little nervous about his first day, he's been talking about Kindergarten since he was 3. But as soon as that bus pulled up, he gave us all big hugs and didn't look back.
Like the paranoid parent that I am :) We raced the bus there and I met him getting off. He was with his best buddy Carson. London showed Carson the way to their classroom, barely recognizing the fact that I was behind him the whole time. I took a few shots of these Cool kids before they entered the classroom and gave him once last hug and walked out of the school with the biggest smile on my face. I couldn't believe he did so well.
(I'm not sure were this pose came from, it's new as of today, but I guess all the cool kids are doing it)
When we met him at the bus stop after school we asked him how school went, he looked at us with a big smile on his face and said, "AWESOME".It makes me a little sad that my oldest is growing up so fast, but I couldn't be more proud of him for being so brave. It was so quiet in our house all day, Miles and I played a lot together since London wasn't there to hang out with us. We missed his special spirit in our house all day, but we'll try to be strong without him.
5 comments:
what a brave boy! he does look super cool in his pose :) I can't believe he is going to kindergarten this year, that means James will go next year, ahh!! panic attack!
That is the cutest thing ever...seeing London all grown up going to school with his back pack and his buddy, Carson. Oh man, I totally would have cried too. They grow up too fast!
I love the pose. That is a crackup! I needed this post. What a brave little guy.
Braxton has been waiting forever to start Kindergarten and he will go all day, everyday as well.
You are one tough momma!!
I LOVE that pose!!!
Omg! Those 2 kids are the coolest kindergarteners I've ever seen! ;) Glad he loves school! I bet his teacher is stoked to have him in her class.
Post a Comment