Monday, August 15, 2011

Down Time



We didn't have a whole lot of down time while we were in N.H. but I guess it was enough time for Ellie to master crawling, the boy's to play video games and even a little time to take a quick snooze.




We even got to celebrate Miss Haven's b-day. It was very impromptu, but a lot of fun. They had TONS of dress up clothes and Sarah is a master at hair do's and I did the makeup. So everyone dressed up, I mean EVERYONE, even Ellie got in on the action. The boy's didn't want to get left out either, it turned out to be a pretty good birthday. Haven had a blast! p.s. I love the picture of Anthony's niece texting, what a teenager!




Anthony hurt his neck, so I went out 4-wheeling without him. Sarah's brother has a few ATV's so he took me out to go see the families property that they have owned since the mid 1700's. So cool I saw the original foundation of the families house and barn. It was completely over grown with towering tree's above. It was weird to think that at one point it was all cleared land. I also got to see the old family plot. This is the old farmhouse that Sarah grew up in. Her brother is trying to renovate it. I got to see the old home. Imagine a huge house like that with 10 people in it and only one tiny bathroom under the stairs, eek! Sarah's room was in the old servants quarters, pretty cool.
Funny story about this old barn, it was built in the mid 1700's but in the late 1800's it was popular to have a 2 1/2 story barn and not a 3 story barn so they lowered the roof(weirdo's who lowers a roof?). On top of the roof there use to be a huge pig on top, about 5ft tall. One day a Helicopter came down and STOLE it! and they were HOME! Can you imagine. What would you do? What could you do? Shake your fist and swear at them. Seriously! and who would steal a pig?










Posted by PicasaOn a side note, if you go out east and you see all these old farm homes, you'll notice this type of "hallway" connecting the house to the barn, I was told that they started building this in the mid-1800's to protect the people in the harsh winter's from getting lost and dying. True story, it happened a lot in blinding storms they would get all disoriented and die out in the cold because they couldn't find their way back.
Well on that light note....  :)

No comments: