Thursday, January 27, 2011

Here Comes the Sun

(Below is a post about his b-day party)
Well it's official we have a 5yr old. 5 just seems sooooo old. London has been waiting for this day since the day he turned 4. We were able to celebrate London's birthday with my parents last year, and he told them that now he was almost 5.

Yesterday in the car he told me he wasn't 5 yet, to which I replied, "sure you are buddy, today if your official b-day." He tells me, "No, because when I turn 5 my legs are supposed to be soooo long."

We took him to go see Tangled and he went into the bathroom and yells out of the stall, "Mom I must be five, because now I can reach the big toilet, my legs ARE longer." We also, upon his request played Beatles rock band, where Miles and London sang their hearts out to their favorite Beatles Songs. Ahh my little rockers!
For some reason 5 is a huge number for London, it is for me as well. But for London 5 has always been, when he was going to be a big boy! Kindergarten, riding the Bus, all that important stuff in life to a child. He is Sooo excited for Kindergarten, although this morning he was talking to me about it and said, "But Mom, I'll probably be so nervous." and started to tear up a little bit. But thankfully we have several months before we really have to start worrying about all that.

I can't believe I'm a mother of a 5 year old. London is the sweetest boy, he so kind and thoughtful. Yes he has his moments of "Older Brother Syndrome", where he just likes to pick and tease his younger brother, and his mother :) but he really does love Miles. They have become the best of friends. I'd say if there was 1 good thing about living in Washington, and not having friends for the boy's, was that they grew to be Very close.

London is very polite, he is the first one to clear his plate off the table, and he is a HUGE helper to me. He is a problem solver and has been from a very young age. Anthony and I have always stressed that our children figure things out for themselves starting at just months old. When London wanted to get off the couch we showed him how to turn around and back off, if he got stuck under a table, we would ask him to sit and think about how to get out. Never just "Telling" him how to do things, but "Showing" him how to problem solve, step by step. Which is a blessing and a curse. At a very young age, he figured out how to open all the baby proof things we had around the house. He knows how to work and operate all of our electronics. He is always watching how you do things, so that he can figure it out and learn how to do it himself.

He is a very bright child who has a passion and love for everything Super Hero related. He loves to draw and do all art related things. He is Anthony's clone. Anthony couldn't be a prouder Father to this little guy. London is his little shadow, always wanting to do everything like Anthony, and is interested in Everything Anthony does. When London grows up he say's he wants to be an Astronaut and an Eye Dr. like his Daddy.

We love this little guy who introduced us to parenthood. Who completely changed our lives for the better. I don't know what we would do without this little man who is so full of light and hope. "Here comes the Sun" as his song say's, "and it's all right" We love you London, thank you for making us want to be better people. Happy Birthday dude! p.s. looking through all these pictures, made me tear up I can't believe how much he's grown, and all the fun times we've had with this guy.

5 comments:

Haylee Mecham said...

How sweet! We can't believe how big London is either! Happy Birthday Superman! That picture is classic.. You should frame that one and put it in his room. What a big boy!

Adam and Christine Jardine said...

I remember that little baby, so young, but walking around to all the ladies, grabbing their hands, and then just smiling at them! He was such a little flirty baby, and him and Lucy were so cute together! What a great little boy he's become.

PS "I Will" is Carlie's lullaby at our house too!

Harper said...

I love this tribute to our little buddy! WOW ... I can't believe he's grown up so quickly. That picture of London holding baby Miles is how remember your 5-year-old. He was that little 2-year-old who came to our door and made our days so much fun!

Okay, this is making me teary! We miss you and love you, and we're glad that London had a fun birthday. Our present is in the mail! :)

The Wilson Family said...

What a sweet and big boy. Congrats on being a mom of 5 year old! so crazy and wonderful!

Andrea said...

What a sweet post.
I know how you feel about having a 5 year old. How did that happen??
There is something special about those first born boys. Listening to you describe London reminded me so much of my Braxton.
Happy Birthday.