Since we've been here, we've been to the St. Louis Zoo 3 times. Last week, Anthony finished classes early and decided to meet us at the Zoo. The Tram goes right by there, so we meet up. The boy's and I have been there twice already with some friends, but it is sooo big we hadn't even gotten close to seeing everything.
A brief History, just because I find it all so intriguing; The Zoo Opened in 1910. It is over 90 acres and has 5,000 animals, over 700 different species. It includes the worlds largest "bird cage" that you walk through, an Insectarium (full of butterflies), a Children's Zoo, and a miniature train that will take you around the entire Zoo. Oh and did I mention the whole thing is FREE!!!! Yea, that's right Free! and it's only about 4 miles away from our house.
Remember the balloon race? the Zoo is part of that same park.
The thing I was most impressed with was how big and natural each habitat was. It didn't feel small and gross. The animals were out in the open with plenty of room to roam.
If you want to have an Amazing Zoo experience, you have to bring Anthony, I swear he is an animal whisperer, whenever we go to the Zoo together we experience some amazing things.
Here is the Carousel, if you go the first hour that the Zoo is opened, it's free.
Posing
Some of the different animals, a grizzly, Gorilla(by the way, they stink, seriously of the worst B.O. I have EVER smelt, but they sure were cool. Rhinos, Elephants, one which came from the Zoo in Point Defiance where we came from, (how random is that?) and of course the Penguin exhibit, which is AMAZING. You go inside this habitat, which is freezing! and the penguins are sooo close, you get splashed by them and you can watch them jump in and zoom back and forth it's insane how close they are!
If you're reading still, this is what was truly a once in a life time experience.
While we were walking around the different monkeys, we came across the Orangutans. The Momma and baby walked over to the different viewing area, so we walked over to where they were going to. We saw a trainer sitting down next to the glass, eating an ice cream cone. The Momma came and sat right in front of her and wanted a bite. The baby, Ruby, came over to her Momma, and gave her hugs and huge kisses, it was sooo cute, and the boy's got to see them so close they were only 1cm away from these gorgeous animals, it was so crazy they interacted with the boy's and we got to talk to the zoo worker about them. It was truly amazing!
Being there 3 times, we still haven't seen everything. I'm telling you it's HUGE! but because it's free I never feel bad or feel like were in a rush to see everything because it's so close to us and of course it doesn't cost anything. The kids love it! and it gives us lots to do while Anthony is away at school and studying all the time. It's been truly a blessing to be here. We love it!
We are looking for people to come and visit us this next summer :), we had lots of friends and family visit us the past two summers in WA. We are looking for more visitor to come and hang.
If you do you'll have a free place to stay, food to eat, and TONS of things do to, and for free, free Science, Art and History Museums and the Zoo, and a plethora of amazing things to do in the Summer. Any takers?
Hope your enjoying the Gorgeous Autumn!





8 comments:
Where exactly are you guys living? I know we keep saying it, but we really do need to meet up.
I remember going to that zoo when my sister lived in st. louis Pretty amazing! And they have tons of free stuff to do!! Check out all the museums too!! have fun!
so fun- I LOVE that its free- that's amazing!
Nice... and even better being FREE, huh?
Wow! That Zoo is awesome!! especially when your comparing it to the boise zoo:) Loved all of the pictures! Beautiful family:)
that sounds so fun!! I can't wait till we get to go somewhere cool! I can't believe it's all free, how is that? ah, the real world with real zoos, museums, and everything! hopefully next year we'll be gone, but we have no idea yet! we'd love to come visit, but we'll see where we end up!
We might just have to take you up on that offer! We go to the zoo here but it isn't that cool! But we are suppose to get an elephant exhibit next year.
How fun! And it's even better that it's FREE!
It's so fun looking at these pictures of your two big boys. I can't believe how old they are now, and London looks even more grown up in his cute glasses.
Post a Comment