Friday, January 8, 2010

My worst fears came true!

The reason for not posting for so long was because I was pregnant! We were so excited and the boy's wanted a little sister, and things were great, for awhile. I noticed some spotting all week and on Sunday it got a lot worse, I felt for sure I had miscarried, and had a bit of a break down, but I was starting a new calling at church and felt as though I had to be there for my class.

I was scheduled for an Ultra-Sound on Wednesday and even though things were getting worse I knew there was nothing they could do, so I waited, trying to figure everything out in my mind. What to do, what to expect, sorting out all these feelings, and at the same time trying not to feel too much, because that only brought tears and sorrow. Wednesday approached, we dropped our kids off at our friends, and headed to the appointment. I was so nervous, because I was still holding on to some hope that maybe this peaceful feeling I was getting was that our baby would be OK.

We got into the room, and I told the tech about the bleeding, she tells me that lots of people bleed, and that it doesn't mean a miscarriage. Hope filed my heart. The whole time she was talking to us about things, never telling us anything. So I get dressed and wait for the Dr. to come and talk to us. She came into the room, sat down, and say's, "We'll I don't have any good news, I'm so sorry!" that's were I bursted into tears, I thought I had prepared myself for this news, but all the plans, names, and how this new little baby and how his/her personality would fit into our lives, flashed through my head and how it would no longer be.

My heart aches for this baby that we will never hold in our arms. She gave me the Ultra-Sound picture, which is almost unbearable to look at. But at the same time, I do have an amazing support system, My little family is just incredible. Anthony took work off the past 2 days, because I've been in so much pain. He's taken them swimming, to the grocery store, had the boy's help him take the Christmas lights off, He has truly been my rock though this whole ordeal, and we are both working through this with faith and love. Of course our boy's are just the sweetest things in the world and never cease to amaze us and to make us constantly laugh, which just makes me want to hold onto them even tighter.

I LOVE my family!!! and I am so grateful for them. This is really hard, and I feel for anyone who has to go through this. But at the same time, the Gospel is so amazing and the knowledge of a loving Heavenly Father is such a comfort, I know that he hears and answers our prayers, and that he has a greater plan. And for now I will hold onto my children a little tighter, and kiss them a little longer, even though they hate it. The ach is still strong but I know with time and faith, all things are possible.

23 comments:

Mom said...

Dearest Laura and Anthony,
We are so very sorry for your loss, it breaks our hearts. You are so wise to hold on tighter to your little ones, they grow so quickly, cherish the time you have with them now. Grandma Walker always said holding a lttle one healed your heart. Even when they don't love it.

We love you all so much take care and May God Bless your aching heart.

Love Mom and Dad

Swensen Family said...

It is always hard to know what to say on these kind of posts. I am so sorry to hear this sad news and will be thinking of your cute famliy.

ourbanksaccount said...

I am so very sorry! I am sure you don't want any advice right now but when we went through this a good friend of mine sent me a talk by elder joseph b wirthlin called "sunday will come" and it helped a ton. Here is my favorite quote from the talk-
"Each of us will have our own Fridays--those days when the universe itself seems shattered and the shards of our world lie littered about us in pieces. We all will experience those broken times when it seems we can never be put together again. We will all have our Fridays. But I testify to you in the name of the One who conquered death-- Sunday will come. In the darkness of our sorrow, Sunday will come." I hope things get better, you are in our prayers!

Rob and Sarah said...

I am so sorry. I have never gone through this, but I have been by my sister's side as the last two times I have been pregnant, she has lost a baby each time. I have only had glimpses of the grief a mother goes through when they loose a baby, and while I don't know what you are going through exactly, I feel for you and know that this is hard. Again, I am so sorry...you and your family will be in our prayers.

Elise said...

Laura,

I'm so sorry! Losing a baby is a very hard thing. I will keep you in my prayers!

Love,
Elise

deargoodness said...

I'm so sorry--we love you guys so much and hope that you can be comforted through this--we'll be thinking of you and keeping you in our prayers. You really are an amazing woman Laura, I totally look up to you--you inspire me to be/do better in so many ways. We love you--Kate and Natie

Tif said...

Big hugs, Laura. I had one last month, I know the crush of those dreams. I am so sorry that you're having to endure this experience. But I'm glad that you're pulling your loved ones in closer.

Amy said...

Oh Laura...I'm so sorry to hear your news. What a trying and difficult experience. I'm glad the Gospel is helping you through it. I wish you the best. Thanks for sharing. It helps us all remember how precious life is.

jess said...

sweet laura, my heart aches for you! i wish there was something i could say to make the pain go away, but the good news is that you are an INCREDIBLE woman and i know that you are strong enough for this. it may not seem like it some days, but this will only increase your faith, strengthen your family, and deepen your love of the gospel. i sometimes am guilty of asking Heavenly Father "why?" and just have to remember that He knows best. if you've ever said to one of your boys - iI know this will hurt, but it will make it better" (a bandaid, medicine, etc.) that is what i like to picture Heavenly Father saying to us... "I know it will hurt, but it will make you stronger." thank goodness He knows what He is doing with us. hang in there laura! love and prayers to you and your family!!

The Meagher Family said...

Our hearts go out to you guys. I will hug my children a little longer after reading your heart felt post. It's not easy to let others in in times like this. You have so many people who love you and would like to help. Thank you for sharing such a personal event. You are in our prayers.

Mylia said...

Laura-

I am so sorry that this happened. I truely know how you feel, i know that you are a strong and amazing person. Despite all of this, you always look at the bright side of things. Your boys are adorable and I wish I was there to comfort the heartache. <3 Love,

Mylia

Bethany, Scott, and family said...

I'm so sorry Laura!! I will definitely keep you in my prayers!!

Dana Scarbrough said...

Laura, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know the sting will probably last a while, but holding your sweet boys will dim it for sure. =)
God bless you,
~Dana

Lauren said...

Laura, you are such an amazing woman! I have always looked up to you because of what a great example you are of a wife, mother, and friend. I know you will get through this, even though I have no idea what it feels like to go through it, I know you and I know that you are amazing! Stay strong and remember that all of your friends (even those from past wards) love and care for you! Heavenly Father loves you too (I'm sure you know that as well). Good luck, and tell your family we wish them the best as well.

Anna said...

Laura, I'm so sorry for your loss, for your family's loss. I'm sorry this happened to you but I'm glad you're able to hold London and Miles and Anthony close to you. I hope you find and continue to find the comfort you need during this difficult time.

Harper said...

Laura:

I am so sorry that you've experienced such a sad thing. I wish we were there to give you a big hug. I promise you that you'll see your baby one day; I'm just sorry it's not now. In the mean time, Miles, London and Anthony are so lucky to have you. Tyler and I were talking today about how awesome your family is; your family is the example we look to in parenting and just loving and enjoying life. Having you as our neighbors was an answer to many, many prayers.

We love you so much, and if there's anything we can do to help, we'll do it. We're praying for and thinking about all of you.

We love you!

Love,

Terrah, Tyler & Miles, Jr.

The Wilson Family said...

Laura. Like all the sweet ladies have sad you are amazing. Heavenly Father knows how strong you are. You have always been the ultimate example of an amazing wife and mother without evening knowing. You are still talked about in wonderful ways in the "59th ward" WE miss you and love you. I was thinking about you this past week and am so glad I checked your blog! Your family will be in our prayers. Love the Wilsons.

Haylee Mecham said...

I'm so sorry Laura! You are so strong! Good luck. Hang in there and know that you are in our prayers! We love you and miss you guys so much! Love
The Mechams

Sarah said...

Oh Laura, I am very sorry for the loss and sadness you are feeling right now. I really do feel for you. It is not an easy thing to go through, I know. I will be thinking and praying for you. Take care.

Sommer said...

Laura and Anthony,

I am so so sorry to hear of your loss. We lost our baby this past September at 15 weeks and my heart still aches, and reading this news of yours set my heart aching all over again. I wish we didn't have to go through this... I wish no one would ever have to go through this. Thank goodness we have the gospel in our lives to help us cope with the tremendous pain. Your family will be in our prayers.

Love,
Sommer

Sarah said...

I'm sorry for you loss! I promise it does get easier but I learned it also is good to mourn as well. The gospel definitely helps to overcome this trial.

Josh and Tiff said...

Laura, I have no idea how I missed this post! I just barely saw this today. I want you to know my thoughts and prayers are with you all. I cant' imagine the feeling of losing a child. But you are so strong and you're very right that the Lord will provide. I truly believe everything happens for a reason and our trials will only give us experiences that are for our good. Good luck and congrats to Anthony for getting into school!!! HORRAY!!!!

Ashley C said...

Hi Laura, I know you don't really know me (I'm a friend of Jon and Anthony and I met you a couple years ago), but I just wanted say that I'm so sorry about your miscarriage. I know what you're going through. I lost a baby one year ago today actually. I was 11 weeks pregnant. It is such a devastating thing to experience. But I was amazed at how comforted I also felt. Heavenly Father knows exactly what we need in order to get through our trials. I hope you are feeling better and please know that this will get easier with time. Good luck to you and Anthony.

Love, Ashley Carter