
I have some very sad news. I've been training for a Marathon for the past several months, and I got sick, just a flu, accompanied with a cough that I just couldn't get rid of. So after having this cough for 3 1/2 weeks and starting to feel some major rattling in my chest. I decided to go to the Dr.a little late I know.
So here's the the diagnosis. I have a bad case of pneumonia. It was my first time seeing him, we were chatting about different things, where we lived in Idaho...all that stuff. He asks me what brought me in there today, and I told him I had this cough that just wont go away and it's really effecting my works outs, and runs. So he takes a listen to my lungs, and he says, "Wow that's weird" he asks me to take a deep breath again, and proceeds to listen, following with "Oh man that's Really bad, you've been running with this?" Even I can feel and hear the immense rattling that is going on in my chest. I told him I was but it was starting to get a lot more difficult to run the long distances. He talks to me some more and ends with, "Well you have pneumonia you have to Really take it easy, so no exercising especially running" I tell him about the Marathon, and that it's a week after Thanksgiving, and he says, "Well your young there will be more Marathons, you can "Watch" it but I don't want you to even think about running for 3 weeks".
So that's it, all that hard work for nothing and that's the last Marathon here until Winter is over, That I would be crazy enough to do, I don't want my first run to be in the snow.
I'm sad, my chest hurts like crazy, and I have to take it "easy" I never take it easy I don't even know what that means. When I got home Anthony insisted on making me lunch, I don't like having people wait on me. I feel bad, cause I know I'm able to do it myself, but the Dr. said if I don't I'll end up in the hospital. So here I am taking it "easy" and trying to think of more things for my kids to do at home.

Adios Seattle Marathon, maybe I'll see you next year. sniff sniff.
9 comments:
Oh Laura that stinks! And pneumonia! Oh my, I've had it twice once when I was little and once in high school. Do take it easy I ended up in the hospital and that is not fun. I think you came and visited me! :) Even when you start feeling better don't push it, it took me months to get back to my old self so take care of yourself and let others help you too! I'll keep you in my prayers! :)
So sad! The marathon part, and the fact that you are sick! Not cool. Did he say how you may have contracted it?
Really, Laura, take it easy or you'll be in the hospital!
I know how you feel. I'm not very good at taking it easy. I was suppose to be on bed rest towards the end of my pregnancy. I kept trying to do things, but got in trouble once Todd found out. It eventually led to me being sent to the hospital early cause my blood pressure really spiked! So it is best to take it easy when the doctor tells ya to! Hope everything goes ok and you're able to get over this:)
Wow, Laura. That is so sad. I am sorry you aren't well enough to run the marathon. Pneumonia is scary. Take care of yourself. :)
Sucky! Well, take care and make sure to eat lots of Halloween candy to make yourself feel better (sweet costumes by the way). Maybe we'll take vacation next year and come out and run the marathon with you. That would be sweet!
SAD!!! that is a total bummer. All that training and everything....lame.
well in may we are doing the Spokane marathon...join us?
Great talking to you today! Sorry about the marathon, but hey, I think 16 miles is a pretty great accomplishment in an of itself! Oh, and by the way, nice legs, but next time I were to post a picture of my legs on my blog, I would make sure to shave them first=)
sorry about your lungs!
Post a Comment