Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Finished Products!

Alright, so I am way behind on blogging, sure I've kept you a little updated on the things that I have done, but not on all my projects that I have been doing, it's been grand. I got the boy's room finally finished, now if I could only paint it then that would be great!

I found a lamp shade for my $2 dollar lamp for free, I think I may still redecorate the shade or not, it is really pretty the way it is. The pieces on the dresser where all a $1 at Micheal's except the stuffed animal which was a gift for London when he was a baby. The art above the dresser was $3.50 for the canvases, and done by my boy's what lovely artists. They've been done for months now and I finally got them hung up. I know slacker right?

Now about the curtains, I bought them years ago when London was a baby, and didn't want to spend the money to buy new ones so I decided since they were cream anyways I would just throw a splash of color on them, I couldn't find any thing I loved and that wasn't girly. I was visiting my mom and a sister in the ward was moving and she was giving this huge roll of home decor fabric for free. I thought it was cute so I grabbed it and sewed it on, along. To make the room darker I went to walmart and they sell single twin sized sheets for $3 so the entire project cost me a total of $3 pretty sweet, I'm thinking I may change the fabric on the bottom but I'm still looking for something I LOVE, in the mean time the fabric I have now was free and you can't bet that.
 
Posted by Picasa


Oh and my favorite is the wipe case. It had Winnie the Pooh on it, I'm not a fan, so I decided to make it more permanent and Mod Podged it with my choice of paper. I was so excited, I totally came up with that all by myself, it is cheap easy and super cute!



We went to Couer d'Alene this past weekend, we had a lot of fun visiting Anthony's sister and her family and watching his niece get baptized, Anthony got the honors of baptizing her that was really special for all of us and lucky me I got to sing a solo, just kidding it was fun it's just been a long time since I've really sung.
We always have a GREAT time at Alethea's. Her and Her Husband are always such great hostess's. We played an rousing game of "Taboo", and taking a night swim with all the kids at Lake Couer d'Alene. Wish we could live a little closer. It was a lot of Fun, Alethea your amazing, thanks again for everything, especially for introducing us to St. Vinny's!
On the way home from the church we stopped at this 2nd hand store where I found the most AMAZING luggage set for $3 can you believe that? 3 pieces and they are all in excellent condition the biggest one looks like it's been used a little but the other 2 hardly looked touched. I LOVE the color, and it is so "IN" this Fall, and come on it was $3, I still can't believe it!
 
Posted by Picasa

I'm DIEING to hear what you think about my little projects, if they look bad or how I can improve, I LOVE to hear your thoughts!

13 comments:

The Riries said...

Oh my goodness, you're so creative and talented! I absolutely love all your projects! Especially the wipes case makeover; I loathe Winnie the Pooh, but he seems to appear on every single wipes case, so this is a perfect solution! Good work!

Alethea Carpenter said...

We could have done a little night swimming tonight. The car thermometer read 86° when I left mutual at 8:30. Ridiculous!!
You should live closer, I'm telling you, this is your kind of place!!! But don't tell everyone or we'll get overcrowded like the Harbor.
I still think you should all come over for Thanksgiving. With the 5 turkeys we have wandering the yard, there should be plenty of meat!! Maybe a little tough, we can buy one, I guess.
Thanks you guys for coming over! We couldn't have done it all without you.

Anonymous said...

I love the whole room! it looks like it belongs in a magazine!! and the wipes case is great, I love the mod podge idea! I've seen the fabric covered ones, but I like the pop-up top so I don't really want to cover the top, but doing the sides is a great idea! simple, simple yet so cute! awesome!!

Dana Scarbrough said...

totally stealing the wipe case idea! The room looks great! Awesome how much you saved, and how much you could reuse what you had already!

~Wyatt~Brittney~Brecken~Oliver~ said...

LOVE it!

deargoodness said...

my favorite part is the art the boyos did. I love it! I've totally been wanting to do that with James, and haven't gotten around to it. Guess it'll have to wait a little while longer, since we're overwhelmed with projects right now. We miss you guys!

haha, you had to sing a solo. I'm sure it sounded amazing though!

Sarah said...

Wow! You are so fun. I love your steals. And I am totally going to copy your wipes case Idea. I have a few plain, boring ones floating around here. You are so creative. p.s. Awesome luggage!

Haylee Mecham said...

I love all your projects! Everything turned out so cute! You are so stinkin creative!

Adam and Christine Jardine said...

Can you come do my girls' room? I'm a little lacking in the creativity department. So cute!

Anna said...

I just have to say that, when I was very young, I remember my dad had the EXACT same kind of suitcase in the luggage set you bought. It truly is a vintage find (and a good one)! Anyway, your boys' room looks way cute btw!

Harper said...

You are amazing, Laura! I really love what you've done with the boys' room, especially considering you don't spend a lot of money doing it.

The curtains look great, and the room is adorable!

We sure miss you! :)

The Gould Family said...

oh my goodness laura, i'm having a total flash back, those suitcases you got are identical to the ones my parents had when they got married!!! i grew up playing in them, they looked just like yours! too funny.

you're so great at finding great deals!!! i love all your ideas and "finds"!

Angela said...

Love the Luggage. Fun Color!
In all that spare time you have...Can you give directions for the Wipes Container?
Glad to hear that you put that beautiful voice to work!