Monday, August 3, 2009

A greater plan! To my Amazing Cousin!

Friday afternoon, My amazing cousin, Wonderful husband, and loving father of 5, left us suddenly in a horrific plane crash. Justin was such an amazing man, he always had the most welcoming and inviting smile. He was always willing to do anything for you no matter what, he was always willing to serve.
Justin was 12 years older then me so I don't have to many memories of him, but one that I do remember; we were visiting them and they, at the time, lived down the road from Grandma Walker, I was playing at Sue and Courtlands house, and all of my siblings had left already, I must have been around 6yrs old and I was very afraid of the dark and didn't want to walk home alone. Without even asking, he told me he would give me a piggy back ride to Grandma's and made me laugh the whole way.

My heart aches so much for his wonderful wife and family that he left behind. But I know that Heavenly Father has a greater plan for all us.

When I heard about Justin, I thought about, having Grandma Walker rushing to meet him and introducing him to Grandpa Walker, and showing him off to everybody else, along with comments like, "What are they feeding you down there?" and "Man you've gotten big!"

My thoughts and prayers go out to Jackie, and their children, along with Justins amazing parents Courtland and Sue. We Love you guys and our thoughts and prayers are with you!!

6 comments:

Harper said...

I'm sorry about your cousin, Laura. That is very sad for his family, but you definitely have the right perspective on things.

We miss you! :)

Lauren said...

I am so sorry for your loss. It must be so hard for his wife and children...our prayers are with you guys!

Mom said...

Laura that was a beautiful tribute to a precious man and his family.
The pictures are beautiful. thanks for sharing.
Love you, mom

Katie said...

That is so sad. I hope his family will be ok.

The Gould Family said...

Oh thats so sad! I"m sorry for your loss. I will keep your cousin's family in my prayers, I can't imagine what his wife and children are going through right now.

Anna said...

Laura that brought tears to my eyes. I'm probably a little unstable emotionally anyway since I've been up a bit early this morning but still it is so important to remember that, no matter what it is that happens, there is a greater plan. Our Heavenly Father loves us and all this 'shall be for our good' even if it just doesn't make sense to us at the time. My heart goes out to his wife and children.