Anthony and I went on a date!!! I know it's rare, but sometimes it happens. We went to our favorite place here in the Harbor, "Kenza" They have the most amazing Teriyaki Chicken. We rode our bikes, which seemed liked a good idea at the time, until we ate our weight in chicken, and decided to take the long way home, along the Harbor which is up an Major Hill. At least we worked off our dinner. Then we went to Boarder's Books, and looked around for a bit, and then found our way home.
We have church at 9am which is good and bad. But Anthony had stayed up until 1am. make me Coffee cake, cause he wanted to make sure I wouldn't wake up and find him. Then the next morning I was showered with breakfast, flowers, and a present; which was children books. Anthony said he thought about my favorite things to do with the boys, and the one I emphasize the most is reading. So he got me some of my favorite that I always check out at the library. So know we will have them in our collection for always. How sweet. The rest of the day I was not allowed to make the boys lunch change diapers or make dinner. I was really all right with all of that but I still got in trouble for trying. Anthony's dad made us amazing Tri-Tip Stake (which is way better then "Outback, or "Texas Road House") with his famous Grandpa's Potatoes. It was heaven and to drink was a Strawberry Daiquiri. And for dessert was Hazelnut creme pie. Wow Talk about being stuffed. Over all it was a pretty amazing day. London walked around all day giving me sweet hugs and saying Happy Mothers Day!! Followed by Miles, (who does everything London does) giving me hugs as well. All day I kept thinking about how I love being a mom, and Mothers day to me isn't getting a day away from the kids, it sharing it with them, because without them I wouldn't be a mother. I Love them so much they are so much fun, I am soooo proud of my wee ones.
On Monday I took the boys and went up to Bellingham, (Anthony had to study for his OAT and I thought it would be best to give him a few days of good quality study time) So the boys and I ventured on a 3hr drive to my parents house, they did great, London only stopped to go potty 3 times, and we only hit traffic 2, so overall not to bad.
We got to my parents house and played in the back yard, which is my favorite place
to be. and Played with Dakota My parents Black Lab, he's more of a bear then a dog, but he loves kids and they love him.
If you've ever wondered were my love for the great outdoors came from? Well how could you not love it when you were surrounded by this all the time! My back yard!
It didn't always look like this, My parents are crazy hard workers and do everything themselves. They amaze me at how hard they work. They are 60 or almost, and are out working in the garden every day, right now they are building a new fence, along side the house. I have such respect for my Mother she is such an amazing women, she is always working hard, side by side with my Dad. She never sits inside and complains that nothing ever gets done or orders people around (well she does do that but she's working along side with you), because she's outside doing the hard labor right with them. She may have her little quirks, but we all do, that's what makes her so special, she raised all 8 of us, it may not have been perfect and I'm sure there are things she would have done differently, but we all have that. She's a great mom and I am so glad to live close to my family for a little while.
I did a lot of sewing while I was there I made a dress, and a purse, I didn't have a pattern for the purse but I knew what I wanted it to look like, so I drew my own pattern, and it turned out super cute I think I will give it away and then make another one for me.
We went to Hovander Park, it's a fun little park that we always went to for school field trips and family outings it's this huge piece of land. The House was finished in 1903 by the Hovander family and past down to from family member to family member, their youngest son Otis kept the house in incredible shape, with all the original furnishing, and sold it to the county for park use. Now they have all sorts of public activities there, like the Highland games_(well be going to that soon on june 6) Hot air balloon show. It's huge I'm not sure how many acres are there but it's right along the river, the ski to sea race goes through it. I use to end my kayaking trips there. They have farm animals, and woods you can play in, the river, and this huge tower you can climb up and see all around. It's pretty amazing! We had a lot of fun.
Over all we had a really fun time visiting with my parents, but by the time the week had ended the boys and I missed Anthony so much, we couldn't wait to get back home. When we arrived home after a 4hr drive back, (London's bladder is really small, and always went off when we were in traffic, and we kept taking exits where you can't get on the freeway right away again) The boys tackled Anthony and would not let him leave their sight. Anthony told me he had a surprise for me and covered my eye's brought me upstairs and to my complete surprise, he had hung up our pictures all over our bed room, and hung up shelves with more pictures and decorations. I was so surprised, I couldn't believe he did all that, and he did a really good job with the setting of them and everything, he said, "now it will feel more like home" what an amazing guy. I am so blessed to be married to him. especially since I just heard a guy the week before tell his wife that he didn't need to celebrate mothers day to her because she wasn't his mom! can you even imagine that! Well any way, we had a great time and a great visit, thanks mom and dad for putting us up for the week and being such awesome grandparents! We love you!!!!!
On a side note, Sunday was a beautiful day at the Harbor,Anthony's Dad BB-Q and Jonathan(anthony's bro) and Melanie(Sis-In-Law) and baby Sienna came over and we decided to take a walk down at the harbor here are some pictures, it's so amazingly gorgeous and you can see Mount Rainer wherever you walk. it's breath taking!!!
9 comments:
Laura you are an amazing mother! Looks like you're all doing well. You pictures make me jealous though for sure! :) I'm so glad you and Anthony are doing well and are in Washington I know you love it up there. :) Miss you guys.
You live in such a gorgeous place! Anthony is such a good husband to you. I'm glad to hear things are going well for you guys. I'll cross my fingers that Anthony does well on his test. I'm assuming it is some sort of an entrance exam for eye school...
we're super jealous you got to go up to Ferndale--by the way I'm due October 5th, so you're totally welcome to come out if you'd like, it'd be sweet!! and I just found this website you should check out. Some of the pictures aren't so funny, but then there are a few treasures among them. especially the bunny in the family photo. dear goodness, crazy people
http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/
So glad your having so much fun! Its nice to be around family! Good Luck on the OAT!
I don't know if I can read your blog anymore. . .I'm getting homesick! Especially while I'm residing in the desert. :sigh:
But I am happy for YOU! Really!
Wow! You guys do so much now that you've left Rexburg. I wish I could say the same but alas, I am still here.
Just a minute ago, Mitch was humming the Stars Wars song. Then he looked at me and said, "I miss London." It was funny and sad all at the same time. Glad you're having fun. Keep enjoying it. Too bad it wasn't such a long drive. We need somewhere to go Memorial Weekend. It's a 4 day weekend for Mitch too.
Looks like you guys are having tons of fun. We really miss you guys. Life is so different without the Lopez' across the street!
Sounds like an amazing Mother's Day...you live in such a beautiful place-I'm jealous. How great that you are closer to family now...maybe someday we will be too. Gwen misses London-especially now that it's warmer out and the kids are playing outside more.
Wow, your pictures look amazing! How fun it must be for all of you to be in WA with your family. You're Mother's Day sounds like it was wonderful!
Post a Comment