Saturday, January 24, 2009

Calling All Super Heros

Anthony and I were so excited for London's Birthday this year, we stayed up past midnight decorating and getting his cake ready. I'm not sure who was more excited London or us.

While searching on-line I found some awesome do-it-yourself, Birthday ideas. This one is a Birthday banner made out of newspaper, if you like it go to this blog. It was so fun to make and it folds up perfectly so I can use it again.



These were some party hats that I made, I found them off of Martha Stewart's website, my first time there but it was pretty cool. The kids loved them.




The theme was, "Calling All Super Heroes" Everybody dressed up as their favorite superhero or damsel in distress. We were going to make just a Superman and Batman cake out of cupcakes but once we started we were having so much fun we decided to make a Hulk and a Spider man. I don't know if they were really as cool as we thought they were, but while making them we were so giddy, coming up with different ideas. Anthony got me this amazing book called "Hello Cupcake" that makes amazing creations out of only cupcakes. I saw some that they made that were Nutcrackers, so it dawned on me, I could do the same thing with the super heroes. So we drew out a plan and got all the candy and ingredients to make it.



The morning started bright and early London was so excited, he woke up at 6:30, good grief that's early, especially when you stay up late. He could barley contain himself all morning, he would just sit at the table holding his present. Finally his friends came and the party began. We had a blast, London was Superman, Miles was Spider Man, His friends were, Batgirl, Clark Kent, Princess Mia, and Captain Thunder Thighs. it was so much fun. We can't wait to do it again for Miles Birthday, "The Hungry Caterpillar" is his theme. Thanks to all our amazing friends who came to celebrate with us we had a blast.

9 comments:

Amy said...

How cute. You are so creative!

jess said...

so cute!! wish we could have been there!!

The Riries said...

You are so creative! You'll have to be my consultant when I have to do things like this! :)

The Gould Family said...

Those cakes are so cool! You guys did a great job! I"m sure London was so happy with everything you guys had planned for him!! Happy Birthday London!!!

Harper said...

The party was GREAT, and the cupcakes were amazing!

I'll email you the pictures we took at the party.

Katie James said...

Smart Momma! We did cupcakes for Coleman's birthday, it was so nice to not worry about plates and forks. I LOVE the cupcakes! Spiderman and the Hulk look like they have Boobs! :)

Sandy -- As Told By Mommy said...

HOLY COW!!! AWESOME CUPCAKES!! I WANT ONE!!

Haylee Mecham said...

The cupcakes were amazing! I want that book now!! That was such a sun party! We are going to do the same for Isaac "Captain Thunder Thighs" when he's a bit bigger.

Christina said...

Hey, those did turn out cute! Way to go.