Tuesday, December 2, 2008

ThanksGiving, "The" Feast!

For Thanksgiving, we had the entire week of school off, which was rare, but amazing. The weekend started off with lots of our friends coming over and playing the Wii, unfortunately I did not get any video of them playing the Raymens Raving Rabbits, it was quite a site to be seen, and not even one that you can describe. Kids slept in our rooms while the parents, enjoyed the childlike games
The Next night we headed out to celebrate a friends birthday, and the evening didn't stop there, we left there early and went to a pie party, where we all brought different pies to feast upon. I brought an apple pie with a lattice top, a new recipe that turned out very scrumptious, of course I did not take a picture.
Everyone left for the week to visit family and friends, while we were left behind, to enjoy the silence of a quite college town. Thanksgiving day arrived and our amazing friends and neighbors enjoyed the day with us, we watched the Macy's parade, ate, ate, played games, ate, and then ate some more. It was a fest to say the least.
We are so grateful, for our amazing Friends the Harper's, who are always there for us, texting us when amazing deals are going on, babysitting our children, always willing to entertain London, while I make dinner, and spoiling him with treats before, getting us tickets to plays, and enjoying the amazing lyrics of "The Flight of the Concord", well the list goes on. We don't want to make them blush, but they are one-in-a-million friends and neighbors.
We love you guys!!!
Over all our Thanksgiving was one for the books, with so many things to be thankful for. And of course no pics.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I am really, very impressed that you made a real pie. I am so scared to make pie. Something about 'cutting in' butter makes me really nervous. Glad to hear that it tasted good. I agree, there is nothing like great neighbors!

Harper said...

The pie was amazing. Please replicate.

Your family is fantastic! Thanks for having us over on Thanksgiving!

WE LOVE YOU!