This is something that I have been thinking about a lot, and I want your impute. I filled out a questioner sheet the other day and on it, it asks what are your hobbies? Well I was about to write down all my usual answers. But as I stopped and thought about it I realized that almost all my hobbies have changed since I had children; also the location of which we live in do not permit our favorite pastimes quite as accessible as they use to be. Is that weird to have your hobbies change so drastically? For example; When I lived in the beautiful Northwest Hiking, Kayaking, and Playing piano was a weekly if not daily pass time for me. My mom tried for as long as I can remember to get me interested in knitting, sewing, cooking, baking, and all sorts of other crafty activities, and I hated it. Well, now I love cooking, baking, sewing, photography, little odds and ends crafts, although I haven't fallen into the evilness of scrape booking yet, jk. I'm just not good at it. So first, I really want to thank my Mom for teaching me the basics and putting up with my winning, without her I wouldn't be able to bake bread, make homemade tortilla's, know tons of things about gardening, how to hem pants, how to do pretty much anything the "old fashion way", (which I now totally appreciate) but most importantly how to be the BEST Mom I can be. But I guess I'm just wondering about all of you, have your hobbies changed with children? and if so what have they changed to.
12 comments:
Thankfully, I cleaned a LOT and enjoyed it when I was single - so that one hasn't changed! But my physical activity level has definately had to change over the last three years. I think its positive to be flexible with your hobbies because soon you'll be doing a lot of whatever your boys like!
Totally changed my hobbies. Like in the past few months (I guess since I've been a mom) I taught myself to crochet this weekend. Could have cared less about that before now. Funny, huh? And I am much less involved in music and socializing than I used to be. Love your pics, and the new header is so cute.
Nope, didn't change my hobbies one bit. I just ignore James all day and do whatever the heck I want. It's great. hehehe, just kidding. I only ignore him sometimes.
My hobbies have changed a lot, but some have stayed the same. I think it's a good thing. Now I think, "what can I do to help my boys achieve their dreams?" I always think about my mom, how she sacrificed and encouraged me to follow my dreams. I'm grateful for the opportunity to do the same for my own children.
I never wanted to sew, cook, etc. Like you, now I totally love it! I don't scrapbook either. :) It really doesn't interest me.
P.S. Did you check out the link to your blog on my blog? I think you will get a kick out of it!
We don't have kids yet, but since being married and having SEVEN surgeries, my new favorite hobby is counting my scars! :) KIDDING!
We are grateful to your mom, too, because you are one FANTASTIC cook! We'll accept Laura Lopez specialty foods any time! :)
My hobbies went from choir, dance class, piano lessons, teaching piano, and watching movies to cleaning, cooking, photography, working out, blogging, reading, and talking on the phone. There's not much time to do anything else with a cute bundle of joy!!! She's my favorite hobby!
Hobbies DEFINITELY change when you have a baby... but sometimes I think hobbies change with age too. Do you know who "Trying to Stay Calm" is?
I can't believe you're not good at scrapbooking... I seriously think you've got to be good at everything! You're amazing!
As for my hobbies they are now taking pictures of my children and blogging... I'm so boring. I don't even remember what my hobbies were before I got married and had children.... seriously... i used to love roller blading.... does that count?
I have no idea who "Trying to stay calm" is, nor do I recognize the blogs they follow or anyone who has commented on their blog... CREEPY! Is there a way a way to block 1 person from your blog instead of going entirely private?
I'm not good at scrp booking either! Your mom is a wonder, i remember her always whipping up something wonderful in the kitchen. You certianly take after her! Your pictures are great!!
YOUR PIE WAS TO DIE FOR! :)
I LOVE your photography. I am finally getting a DSLR for Christmas, and I am so excited! Yeah, I always was really into choir and singing in high school, and now, even though my husband is an accompanist, I rarely sing, except with the kiddos. Right now I am pretty much really into reading and taking pics.
Post a Comment