Lets start with the week before last. On February 7th it was my birthday. For the past 4 years Myself or someone in our little family has been sick. Love winter birthday's!
I knew that Anthony was going to be gone all day; he had work in the morning, boards are coming up, so every waking moment has been dedicated to studying for that, then later that night he had a mandatory meeting at the school. So I was prepared to just forget about it and treat it like any other day. Well, Anthony surprised me and came home early.
For dinner no one was really feeling up to making anything or for that matter eating anything (London had the stomach bug on Monday, so we were all on edge). So I threw some frozen waffles in the toaster that I had made the previous week and cooked some eggs up. While the kids and I were eating dinner London say's,"Mom, where's your cake?", by that point I was feeling sorry for myself and just started to cry. I know I'm Dumb! but seriously:).
But wait it gets better! to finish off the night both Miles and Anthony got the stomach bug, all over the rug. As I was cleaning up the puke while singing, "Happy Birthday to me!" By that point it was just humorous. Miles and I snuggled on the couch and watched episodes of "The New Amazing Spider-man".
At the start of this week everyone was finally better. So we started our preparations for celebrating Miles, big 5th birthday. There's something about turning 5 that is SOOOO EXCITING!!!!
Anthony was going to be gone for his birthday so we celebrated it a day early. We asked what Miles wanted to do for dinner and he said, "Go to Old McDonalds" It's been over a year since we've gone there, I refuse to take them, because, first of all it's CRAZY overpriced and the food is disgusting. I'm pretty sure they put an addictive chemical in their food that makes you crave for it nightly, "Oh your going to buy my chicken!" Sorry tangent, I'm back now.
We found one that has a play area in a place we wouldn't fear for our lives (St. Louis can be kind of sketchy sometimes). When we got there the kids had a blast playing and made a few new friends and then the long awaited food arrived. Those stinkers didn't even finish it, they said it tasted gross. I may have suggested that maybe, I wasn't crazy after all and Taco Bell really is the superior place. :)
However, Anthony did come home early and surprised Miles on his actual Birthday. He loves those kids like crazy I love it!
Valentines Day... We don't really celebrate it, especially since Mile's birthday is the day before. I think all our energy goes into celebrating that instead.
Friday night was ward temple night and since I had just gone the day before, I told Anthony to go and I would watch a few other couples kids so that they could go. The kids had a blast. I had planned to try and get somethings ready for Mile's big day. Well that didn't really work out so well. so I left it for the morning, not my brightest idea but it worked out just fine.
Miles Loves anything to do with Animals, he loves the Cat in the Hat, and most of all LOVES "Wild Kratts". Miles can tell you all sorts of crazy facts about all kinds of animals, he say's that when we grows up he wants to be a veterinarian. So I made all the boy's their very own "Wild Kratt Power Suits" and a few "creature pods" for everyone. 
Here's Chris and London, the "Big Boy's" being the Gazelle so that the Cheetah's could Hunt them.
Miles and his buddies formulating a plan.
The chase is on!
Success! They are now enjoying their feast
For Miles's Cake I made the "Tortuga" from the Wild Kratts. Miles didn't want to know what the cake was going to be and didn't want to see it till right before the party, he wanted a complete surprise. Funny Boy.
Here's the gang, it was way to bright out there. But it's what I got. Miles was very particular on who he invited, I tried to suggest other kids, but he really just wanted 4 kids and no more, Chris came for moral support for London, and it was great having the "Big Boy's" There to help.
Miles is such a sweet boy. I honestly get choked up thinking about him going to kindergarten this year. It makes me really sad to see him to go everyday all day school. Who am I going to hang out with when Ellie is napping? and who is going to be Ellie's best budding when he's away? I tell him that he is not allowed to go to school and that he probably will hate having P.E., art, music, computers, and library, and that it would be WAY more fun to stay home with Ellie and Me. But he thinks otherwise. We Love our Bibbit and are so grateful for him and his addition in our family. Happy Birthday big boy!
Birthday Redo!
The next day was Sunday, Anthony let me sleep in, made breakfast for me, helped get the kids all ready and the diaper bag together before he went to his meetings, and made dinner. We had our wonderful friends the Cheney's over for dinner. It was nice and calm and I got to hold their delicious tiny baby.As we finished up I heard a knock on the door. Anthony was holding the baby and said, "Hey that's probably the Nothum's, could you run and grab the door? They came to pick up a DVD." So I ran to the door and opened it, fully expecting the Nothum's. But to my complete and utter surprise my bestest friends and their amazing families were at the door, singing happy birthday!
Anthony had sent an e-mail to all my friends saying, that my birthday was, "rubbish" and he really wanted to make up to me :). He planned the whole thing, having them park at my friend Emily's house and assigning people to bring cake and store our ice cream. He planned it all. He is seriously such a STUD! I love this man!
I was so surprised! It was amazing! I wish I could have taken a picture of the scene. I don't know what we are going do when we move away in less than a year and a half. We Love St. Louis and all it's amazing people. Thank you guys for the amazing Birthday Redo!
Oh but here's the best part, the night ended with.....wait for it.....PUKE!!!! Not even kidding. Ellie woke up around 9pm and was up off and on the rest of the night.
Anthony told me I wasn't allowed to celebrate my birthday anymore :) but it really was a most wonderful evening. Thank you dear friends!!
6 comments:
When I grow up I want to be Laura. You're so super!
I agree with Cegan! You are amazing!
Awesome cake! St. Louis is indeed a cool place, and your husband is awesome! :)
Wild Kratts party?! That is seriously awesome! When I show the boys they are going to be super jealous. Also, I love McD's fries. Especially when pregnant. And their crispy chicken sandwich is only a dollar...and will give me heartburn the rest of the night. worth it. Anthony is awesome, I'm just sad we couldn't show up in the surprise too. Happy Birthday! Next year we'll hold an honorary puking for you so that maybe your family can pass on it :) love ya!
Are you kidding me that Ellie puked? Are you KIDDING ME?! I'm glad you got a redo and that Miles could have a happy birthday. My Miles loves his Wild Kratts shirt. You're a genius!
Happy belated B-day to you all! Sorry everyone got the flu bug, but sounds like you managed to celebrate anyway. Love your turtle cake!
Post a Comment