Thursday, January 24, 2013

somebody's trash is someone else's treasure...

Sometimes on Garbage day I drive around the neighborhood and see what my lovely neighbors have put out on the roadside, I know that's kind of weird but I have found some really great stuff doing this. So you can judge me all you want I won't change.

On one such morning after dropping London off at school I noticed this darling little wooden high chair looking so lonesome and neglected. I had no idea what I would do with it, but I knew it held promise. So I brought it home and let it sit in the basement for almost a year. While thinking about Christmas presents and what to get each kid, I realized I still had this in the basement and it would be great for Ellie's dolls.


I sanded it down with a new sander my amazing brother got for me last year for Christmas, does he know me or what?

 and slapped a fresh coat of paint that I had gotten from Sherwin Williams, $3.25 for miss tint paint from an old project. It turned out great and Ellie LOVES it!

Tah Da!! Whad-a-ya-think?



No comments: