Friday, November 23, 2012

A night with Paul McCartney !!!!!!

Have I told you how much we LOVE St. Louis? Well we do, we've had so many amazing adventures and opportunities since moving here 2 1/2yrs ago

And this one was the BIGGEST yet. Paul McCartney came to St. Louis!!!! I know!!! We were ECSTATIC when we found out. Anthony was there, first thing, bright and early to get tickets. Now anyone who knows anything about Anthony and I, know that we are HUGE Beatles fans.
Both of us grew up listening to the Beatles and both of us fell in love with their music at a young age and never stopped loving them. I know, they do have some goofy songs, but honestly who doesn't:) ? They have written some of the most beautiful love songs ever. Our wedding song along with all of our children's songs are Beatles songs. Our kids know their songs and can sing them to you, we sing them as lullaby's.  They are part of our lives.  Well, really Music is a part of our lives and their music just happens to be on the top of that list.
 
I Digress.  Seeing Paul McCartney was on Anthony's bucket list, and as for me it was something that, not even in my wildest dreams, did I ever think I'd get to do. It was AMAZING and sooo special for us to go and see together.

The man is 70 years old and rocked it harder than a 20 year old. He was incredible.  He sang about 40 songs and the concert went on for almost a full 3hrs. The whole thing was surreal.  Sitting there watching him, it was just unbelievable. Oh, and on a side note, it was cool that Phil Dunphy was the lead guitarist for the night. OK, not really but, he TOTALLY looked like Phil with long hair.

My favorite part of the night was when his band left the stage and it was just him and us. He told a few stories about the songs and how him and George or John would sing it together at his place. It was so great and personal.
Right before we started singing Blackbird, he talked about why he wrote it and what it was about. You can watch it on the video I recorded that whole song, and I'm so glad I did. After hearing him talk about it and then sing it, I started to tear up and just cried while I listened to it. It was so beautiful. I wasn't the only one who cried, but you didn't hear that from me. :) (the video isn't very good, because I was zoomed in so far every movement was exaggerated. sorry)


It was one of the most memorable nights of our lives and we will Never forget it. I don't think he'll be coming back to the US to do anymore tours, like I said, the man is 70 years old. So this was really a once in a lifetime experience for us. We are truly Grateful for this opportunity to go and do something that means so much to us.

 Here is the list of songs he sang that night.  Just in case you were wondering:)
  1. Jet
  2. A Day in the Life (with Give Peace A Chance snippet)
  3. Encore:
  4. Encore 2:

2 comments:

melissa said...

That is amazing! I'm so happy for you guys. I love when dreams come true!

Blackbird always makes me cry and I have no idea why they wrote it. Do tell!

Unknown said...

I love the story about black bird. That makes it an even better song now that I know. So do you just have some amazing memory, or did you take notes, there's no way I could have recalled all those songs in order. So glad you guys had such a blast!