Last weekend my Little Bro got married in the San Diego Temple. It would be the first time all 8 of my siblings have been together in nearly 8yrs since my wedding. So this was a big deal.Also a big deal I didn't take anyone with me not even Ellie. I've never left my kids before it was pretty traumatic, Lets just say at the end of the trip I was more than ready to get back to them and Anthony. I realized I don't do well without them.
My parents rented a house 2blocks away from the beach and lucky for us they had a tandem bike.2 of my older brothers jumped on it as soon as they got there, unfortunately I missed it and didn't get pictures although I heard they crashed a couple times, that would have been good documentation.
So my Sis and I decided it was our time and showed them up. We were pretty much pros if I do say so myself. Have you ever ridden one of those, it's crazy it definitely takes awhile to get use to it but it was a lot of fun.
Here's a picture of Nate with a orange almost the size of his head, so we had to document it, Katie you are one lucky girl...:)
It was unseasonably cold there that weekend and plans for the wedding were changed, poor Maddy, but she was such a good sport and honestly for a VERY last minute decision I don't think it could have been more perfect and beautiful.
Here they are coming out of the Temple. Look at Maddy's dress isn't it gorgeous you seriously need to enlarge this picture and get a better look. This was her Grandmothers dress and it fit like a glove she said she didn't need to alter it all. And Daniel doesn't look to shabby either. But honestly don't they both just look so perfect together? Maddy is GORGEOUS!! and I'm so excited to have her as a new sister-in-law. I guess one nice thing about having six brother's is that I get ton's of sisters after all :) I've been pretty lucky because my brothers all have great taste in women :)
I also got to have dinner with a dear friend Jessica and her Amazing family, it's been at least 4yrs since we've seen each other. She is the SUPER Talented women who created Allora Handmade. If you haven't seen her beautiful rosettes you are seriously missing out. Isn't she just Gorgeous? Believe it or not but when we first meet she had Long curly hair and now look at it's soo sassy and super cute! It was so great to catch up and spend some time with them. Thanks Jess for the Great time.
One of my older brothers lives in San Diego and was kind enough to let me crash at his house after everyone had left and showed me around it bit. This was my first time in SD and I was amazed at how beautiful it was there.
He took me to Balboa Park and as I'm sure you're aware I'm infatuated with history so after I got back I read all about it, it's pretty amazing I thought for a little bit I was in Europe with all the intricate detailing on the buildings it was incredible. We then went and ate a great Sushi place that was pretty tasty.
He also took me to this Hotel, called Hotel Del Coronado which was built back in 1880 and where they filmed "Some Like it Hot" with Marlene Monroe, Tony Curtis, and Jack Lemmon. (If you haven't seen it you Must. It's one of my favorites)
It was really great to see everyone and was reminded how much fun I have with my siblings. I'm so proud of Daniel and picking such a Great girl and marrying in the Temple. Best of luck to those crazy Love birds.





3 comments:
Hey, I found your blog! Hope you are doing great. --becca h. : )
We went to SD on our honeymoon eight years ago, and it was so fun! I would love to go back someday. How crazy to go all by yourself. I bet you were beside yourself. And yes, I have ridden a tandem bike. Much harder than it looks.
my parents have a tandem bike-we always go for a ride when we visit. It is crazy and we usually crash.
I am so super jealous that I didn't get to come hang out with everyone. and yeah...Nate is weird. but I love him!
Post a Comment