Saturday, January 14, 2012

10 things I hate about you!

These pictures were taken 2yrs ago as you can tell by how little the kids look. But I lost the pictures and just found them, and I thought these were pretty cool. So please bare with me.

So have you ever seen that movie, "10 things I Hate about You" ? Well if your cool then you totally have and if not....well there's still time.

While we were living in Gig Harbor, Anthony informed me that the High School where they filmed that movie was only 10 miles away from his house. They were Anthony's rival school so he often had his track meets there. Pretty cool right? Well one day we decided to take a little drive and check it out. Man, this place was unreal.

You want some history on it......? Well you're gonna get it because I Love that kind of stuff! Construction began in 1891 with the intention of building a luxury hotel resembling a French chateau but construction came do an abrupt stop when the Northern Pacific was faced with financial disaster. The Tacoma School District purchased the gutted building in 1904 with the intent of building it into a H.S.



 This school includes, a circular lunchroom(whatever that is), an underground swimming pool, a science and industrial arts complex, a gymnasium, and a multi-story parking lot structure with tennis courts on the roof. Oh yea and did I mention it is on a hill and over looks the Puget Sound and Mt. Rainer? Not to shabby eh?
Sometimes I get homesick for Washington, Man I Love those Mountains and the Ocean sigh.....

3 comments:

Carrie & the Boys said...

I watched that movie a few years ago and didn't remember how much trashy stuff is in it! I guess my high school mind thought it was funny. That high school did look freaking awesome though

Dana Scarbrough said...

Awesome! I loved the history bit, and I was always boggled by how that high school worked in the movie, and even wondered whether or not it was real! That would have been amazing to go there- even if it was your rival!

Mylia said...

LUCKY!!!! I love that movie!