Monday, May 16, 2011

Some input Please?

Alright ladies. I'm in need of a little input. We will be renting a house in July and we can paint the rooms! I'm a little extremely excited about that. We could have painted here but by the time we found that out we figured it wouldn't be worth it. 
Here is what I need a little input on, I want to paint the living room. I really want to paint it Grey/Gray? sp?  I've been wanting to paint our bedroom gray for the past 2yrs, to go with that Yellow dresser I painted. But now I'm thinking maybe I'll paint the living room that color. 
Our new living room will have lots of light, so I don't think we'd have to worry about it being too dark. Well anywho, here are the pictures






If you have other suggestions of what color to paint our living room, I'd love to hear them.

7 comments:

Matt and Lindsay said...

Matt and I have wanted to paint our room gray since our last paint choice looks kinda yucky in there. Gray is really in right now. One that I like is flagstone by Olympic. It has a bit of warmth to it. I think it's a bit lighter than the one you posted a picture of. If i lived by a store that sold that kind of paint i would do it :) My friend just did her living room gray and it doesn't have much light, and it looked amazing. Good luck!!! ( and when I say matt and I want to paint, I really mean I want Matt to help me paint, he is pretty sick of painting :)

Sarah said...

oooh...I LOVE the grey! And, it'd be so fun and easy to accent with other colors.

deargoodness said...

I love grey! That was the color we ended up with in our AR house, although it was actually a mix we made of off white, brown, and yellow paint. You should totally do it. And I agree with Sarah, it is so easy to accent with grey and make things 'pop' in a room. I'm so excited you get to paint! I can't wait til you get to do it and post pictures, you have awesome decorating skills!

Carrie & the Boys said...

Go with it. At first, I was like "gray? Weird." But after seeing it, I really like it. Especially with that white accent. Fun, fun!

Amanda said...

oh my heck you know I LOVE gray!! I'll tag you in some pinterest color boards I love ;)

H+B Jackson said...

Love it too! Blair and I have Gray, Yellow, Black and White in our room and I love it! It is a great neutral base with out every having to match browns and tans that most people deal with. Just make sure it doesn't get too cool-balance with warm accents...oh and steer clear of getting too purple.

The Wilson Family said...

I can totally see you in a house that color. Have fun painting. And I hope it turns out great and how you imagine it!