
Our sweet little Wonder Women has arrived, exactly one week early! We are thrilled that she is here safe and sound. She arrived at 4:56 p.m. She is 6lbs 14oz 19 1/2" and has thick black wavy hair.
It took a day to finally come up with an official name. When I talked my brother to tell him the news he asked if "Wonder Women" was out saving the world already. I told him indeed she was. She was born in her costume and we assume it will continue to grow along with her :).
So the long birthing story, actually it's not very long at all, and kind of uneventful, but it's good to write it down while it's fresh.
I had been having strong regular contractions for the previous 3 nights and figured this girl was not going to wait for next week, so we decided we better go in on Sunday, before Anthony's crazy school week began. We got the boy's dressed and ready for church. Thank you to my AMAZING friend Elise, who so kindly took the boy's last minute to church with her already 3 children; Elise thank you sooo much they had so much fun, it was great to know they were having fun! We were able to get them all squared away and head off to the Hospital.
We arrived at the Hospital Sunday morning at 9:30 a.m. They brought me in and checked to see how far along I was. I was at a 5 and they decided the contractions were close enough that they would keep me there and start the anti-biotics. So I was there to stay, no turning back now.
Anthony and I just hung out and waited, the contractions were every 5 min but not strong at all. So we were just waiting until the anti-biotics were all in. I knew I wasn't going to progress unless they broke my water, so at 2p.m. and at a 6 they broke my water. That's when the fun began. ;) The contractions started coming faster and a heck of a lot harder. I had planned on doing this one all Natural. But at 4:15 and at a 8 1/2 I was exhausted and chickened out. So they rushed the anesthesiologist in and hooked me up. I told them I still wanted to feel the need to push. I had with the 2 other boy's and it was great. I can't imagine not being able to feel that your pushing, and not really being in control of it.
As soon as she was finishing up I said, "Um I really feel like I need to push." So they said OK lay back and well check. The Dr. walks in and starts to check, she sticks her fingers in about maybe an inch and says, "Oh, that's the head, lets get going" my reply was, "Let's get this show on the road, its game time." Wonder Woman was on her way out. 3 pushes later and I heard this wonderful cry and they laid her on my chest. I was exhausted and even though I felt a lot of the pushing and exiting, I didn't feel the contractions any more and I was grateful.
Eleanor is here safe and sound and is doing amazing. London cannot get enough of her, He is always holding her, and if he's not he's bagging to. Miles loves her and likes talking to her and singing to her, but is indifferent to holding her, but he Loves his baby "Seestah". Anthony, well Anthony's Anthony, he can't get enough of our newborns. This little lady is in terrible trouble she already has everyone of these boy's wrapped around her finger. Whenever she makes the tiniest peep they all are right by her side.
We are so glad she is here. She is such an amazing blessing to our family! After months of worry with this one about all the things that could go wrong, she is here and healthy and strong.

We love you Eleanor Morgan! and are soo glad that you have graced us with your darling presence!
11 comments:
She is sooo cute! I'm glad everything went well for you guys.
Not going to lie I shed a tear while reading this! :) I'm so happy for you guys! Can't wait to meet her....hopefully before Anthony's done with school....lol :)
Wow, sounds like a smooth ride! She is so beautiful and I'm so glad things went so well for both of you! Can't wait to see more pics of the little darling!
birth stories ALWAYS make me get emotional, and yours did too. She is so beautiful. So happy for you guys, girls so so fun!
ps-LOVE the name. good choice.
Beautiful baby and Moma!!!
Great job my dear you are a brave lady, so proud of you. So grateful everything is good. Can't wait to see you all!!
Love Mom
Congratulations! Eleanor is a beautiful girl, and we love her name. She fits in perfectly with your fun family, and we know you all have a lot of fun in store!
We miss and love you!
Congrats! so very happy for your family. Beautiful name and beautiful girl!
yay!! congrats... she is sooo adorable. sounds like you both are doing amazing. what a fun and exciting time :) love you!
Okay, so I am ready for some new pictures of my beautiful niece! I hate to be demanding, but she is so cute! And I love love love her name, it is perfect!
Cathryne Farr says, "I want Sister Lopez back!!" she was very happy to see the pictures of Miles and London and the newest addition--Eleanor.
Tell the boys that she says HI!
Nice to see all the great pictures!
Post a Comment