So first things first, Thanksgiving! I went to my parents house for Thanksgiving, Anthony stayed with his parents because he was working over 13hrs on Wednesday and late into the night, and then all day Friday (don't you just love retail?)and late Friday night, he took the red eye to St. Louis for a interview on Monday for Optometry School. So we sadly departed. Don't worry he wasn't alone he had his parents, as well as his brother and sister-in-law and niece for company, he was well taken care of. Then we picked him up at the airport on our way home on Tuesday!
As for me and the boy's my Aunt and Uncle come bringing along my sweet little Grandma, and my brother flew in from CA, to be with us, as well as my two younger brothers. My boy's had a blast, of course no trip happens without bringing all of our costumes as well as enough light sabers for each of the Uncles to play with.
Here is a picture of Great Grandma with the boys, they really enjoyed her it was so sweet to watch them together.
The day after Thanksgiving, my Mom and Aunt and I did some crazy Black Friday shopping, my first, and it turned out great, I got something for London that I've been wanting to get him, for 70% off Perfect!!!
Then we decided to head out to Deception Pass, it was so beautiful, we at lunch down at the beach and our view was gorgeous! We did a little hiking, and the boy's wore their Uncles out.
Where we ate lunch. Breath taking
Miles bundled up on the beach, My Uncle who is from Idaho tried to walk in, claiming it would only be about 45 to 50 degrees, we told him it's probably closer to 35degrees, he tried it anyway and was shocked how cold the Ocean actually was.
three out of my 6 brothers.
When we came back home we started to get in the Christmas Spirit, we drove out to Fox Island which is only a 10min drive, to find our Christmas tree. It is so gorgeous here, this was the view from Fox Island. It was freezing outside but we got a lovely fresh Christmas tree, for $20, not to shabby! I Love the smell of it! Every time I walk upstairs I inhale deeply!
The boy's had so much fun helping decorate the tree, they loved all the lights, they played more with the ornaments then actually putting them on. But they still had a blast! After decorating the tree, I made homemade Hot Chocolate, and Chocolate Chip Cookies. The loved it and had 3 full cups of the stuff! Christmas is so much funner with kids, especially as they get older and are super excited for Santa Clause, and you get to read the Scriptures and they understand a little bit more about Baby Jesus. I love this time of year!
The boy's also got to visit Santa, This guys was amazing, he learned their names ahead of time so he could call them by name, his beard was totally real and he told the boy's to leave out carrots for the Reindeer, because they really like it. He also told them that they needed to be nice to each other because your brother is your best friend.
The boy's were so excited to see him, they were speechless.
Santa you really made our night!
As for me I am reading the Christmas Carol by:Charles Dickens I haven't finished it yet but it's been really fun to read so far, I always have plans to read it but never get there. So this year, my goal is to finish it along with my friend Kathryn. Well that's it for now, I'm sure I've forgotten things but that'll do.
Merry Christmas!!!
2 comments:
Man Miles is so cute!! It's so weird watching him grow up in pictures instead of real life, he was just a baby last time we saw him. London is really cute too :) I'm glad I'm not the only one to bribe my kids with Santa. It makes for a happy home.
It's soooo wonderful to see pictures of your sweet family and to see what you are up to! Keep up with your reading. :)
Holy cats! I didn't know you had that many brothers!!
Post a Comment