Sunday, July 5, 2009

Doesn't get any better than THIS!!!

My sister and her family came to visit us in Washington. We had soooo much fun. Her 5 little kids had boundless energy, as all kids do, and made us laugh every second. We got to Island hop all around the San Juan Islands, not purposely, but it still was a blast. We saw Jelly Fish, Star fish with more then 20 legs, crazy looking birds, and lots more wild life.

London and Peyton were instant best friends as if they had never parted since last Christmas. They could not be separated! I felt like I had only one child for a week. The kids pretty much lived outside. Playing with Dakota, My parents Black Lab, and picking; raspberries, cherries, strawberries, gooseberries, Peas, Potatoes, all out of my parents back yard, it was Heaven. The older kids and some of the Adults got to play kick the can in the woods, it was a blast, even with a little blackberry incident. We even played a roaring game of Balderdash!

We went to White Rock in Canada and played at the beach! Then went to the wave pool, it was so much fun! The kids had a blast. It was so fun getting to see them again. Wish we lived closer!

 
Posted by Picasa


Then for the 4th of July weekend we headed up to Mt. Rainer to meet up with Anthony's brother and sister in-law and went hiking. It was a gorgeous day, over 80degress. It's been insane here, we went through over a month without rain, and then it has only rained at night for 2 days and now it's been in the mid 70's and low 80's for the past week. Man I love it here. For the hike the kids did great. The reason why I carry London and Anthony carries Miles when we go hiking(we got some questions last time) is because Anthony carries Miles and the Pack, and it doesn't hurt my back so much. We hiked through some snow, and the boys fell asleep on the way down, they are such good little hikers, were hoping to go camping next week!
 
Posted by Picasa

Hope you all had a Fabulous 4th of July! Enjoy your Independence!!!

4 comments:

Dana Scarbrough said...

This looks like a glorious week, and a great 4th of July! I'm glad you had so much fun with your family, and had great weather to enjoy the outdoors!

Jewelle said...

So fun! I'm extremely jealous. I've wanted to go hiking and camping for awhile now, but we can't because of the extreme heat. Keep posting all your fun adventures so I can "feel" like I've been doing fun stuff! :D

Harper said...

That sounds like a lot of fun!

What do gooseberries taste like?

Katie said...

Laura!!! I was soooo happy that you called me, but I don't have your number! So I couldn't call you back, and then we took my little sister to the MTC so that was crazy and emotional, and now we are finally home. Call me!! Love ya!