Sunday, April 19, 2009

What our weekends are like now!

This weekend was gorgeous and London was dying to go to the beach! So on Saturday we went, it's only a 15min. drive from our place. It's a new beach that they opened up it used to be Anthony's old seminary teachers house they would have get togethers there all the time, I would love to have lived there. But they moved and decided to make it a public beach so everyone could enjoy it.
It's right by the Narrows bridge but far enough away that you can't hear any of the cars going by. We had so much fun, London could have stayed there all day, he even let us bury him completely. Miles thought it was ok, but really he was more interested in eating lunch and sand. We built sand castles and enjoyed the feeling of sand between our toes.

Tomorrow our friends from Rexburg the Petersons are coming to visit were super excited to spend time with them.
Oh by the way, today is Sunday and it was a gorgeous dive to church, also the church over looks the Harbor, it was truly amazing, so for the drive home, we took the long way and watched Mount Rainer in the background in all it's majesty as well as the water and all the boats. Followed by an amazing dinner by papa who use to be chef, according to Anthony, and makes the most amazing stake and BBQ chicken over followed by their famous potato salad, I've never like potato salad all that much but something about is fantastic! and freshly shucked corn. It was a dinner of champions with family, it's so nice to finally be near family. This next weekend were going to visit my family in Bellingham, and have our family pictures taken.

9 comments:

Alethea Carpenter said...

I wish I could have joined you for dinner! I heard about it while it was being put on the table!
We've enjoyed being outside this weekend too! There's nothing better than opening the windows and letting the breeze in and the germs OUT!!
Have fun and we'll see you this summer!
PS. Tell Anthony, Annie Martin said congrats!!

Dana Scarbrough said...

That sounds like an awesome weekend. I'm so glad Washington has lived up to your memories of it! And the Peterson's coming- how fun, I love those guys!

Adam and Christine Jardine said...

Am I going to have stop reading your blog to keep from getting homesick? and jealous?

Anna said...

Jealousssss. :) Your boys look so cute playing in the sand!

Rob and Sarah said...

That sounds like so much fun...I can't wait to take the girls to a beach some day. The girls got a letter in the mail from my cousins daughter asking them to participate in "the sticker club." They have to send out 6 letters and we wanted to know if you guys would like to participate. All you have to do is send out 1 packet of stickers and 6 copies of this letter and you end up getting 36 packets of stickers back and the kids get some special mail. If you're interested let me know...it'll be fun to see all the different places the stickers end up coming from!

Rob and Sarah said...

Awesome...we just need your address so we can send this to you and start the sticker club.

The Gould Family said...

that picture of london buried completely made me smile so big! he's such a cute boy! we miss him!

Katie said...

I miss you so much! I have been out of touch with the world lately and I was dying to see how you were doing. It looks like things are going so well for you and it is so beautiful there! I'm so glad that you are happy and traveled safetly. :)

Katie said...

P.S. I love your hair and I really, really, really LOVE what you wore to Anthony's graduation!