Sunday, April 5, 2009

My list of 20


I know I just did a post, but my friend Kathryn challenged me to list 20 things that I will miss about Rexburg, (I had to think about this one) so here it goes.

1. Our Rexburg friends
2. Student Family wards
3. Feeling completely safe wherever you go
4. The plays and shows at the College
5. Having our friends live so close
6. Having members living all around you
7. Being able to run and do something while you neighbor holds the monitor and listens for your kids
8. FREE Gym
9. Amazing FREE fitness classes
10. London's friends who live so close
11. Game night at our house
12. Girls night
13. Living so close to Jackson hole
14. Cheap places to snowboard
15. Living so close to the temple
16. So many strong members everywhere
17. The school and the spirit felt here
18. Apostles who come to the school to speak
19. Amazing teachers
20. CRAIGOS PIZZA!!!!!!

Well that was a whole lot harder then I thought.
Now for 20 things I will NOT miss.

1. Horrible and Inconsiderate drivers!!!!!!!!!!
2. Having to pay for everything you do!
3. Inconsiderate Pedestrians
4. Man made lakes that are disgusting!
5. Over prized, Everything!
6. Living so far from civilization
7. Living so far from family
8. The drama from living so close to people
9. Creepy employers at Broulims
10. Obnoxious and loud students everywhere
11. 6 month Winters that are BITTER COLD
12. Snow in April (that's a common thing)
13. Having Wal-mart be the hang out spot because there's nothing else to do.
14. Ugly trees all year round
15. Flat, dry, and dusty places as far as the eye can see.
16. The wind
17. School being canceled because it's to cold, no snow just cold
18. No natural fruit growing anywhere.
19. Big hair ( you know what I mean)
20. Last but not least........Rexburg!!!

8 comments:

Amy said...

Hahaha! I got a little sentimental during your first 20 but came back to reality during your last 20. Rexburg is great, but it is nice to move on. Good luck on your new adventures.

Rob and Sarah said...

What a great list!! I wonder if there will be anything at all that I will miss about Rexburg when we finally leave. And that ribbon board that you did-that was so cute!! I need to do something like that for the girls.

Katie said...

Well, I am proud of you. You see, there are things you will miss. I know what you mean, Rexburg is a one of a kind place and I don't mean that in a good way. I will miss you though. The sad thing is that when you are a permanent resident of Rexburg you get really good at saying goodbye to all your awesome friends. I think you are amazing! Really. Preston really liked you guys as well and was sad to hear that you are moving. I think he always enjoys meeting awesome, normal people like yourselves. :)

The Riries said...

Haha, glad you could muster up 20 good things--although not without 20 negatives. ;) Hehe, jk.

Oh, and I got Beck's tie off of eBay, but it's a Children's Place one. Some of their ties are weird, but they have some dang adorable ones too!

Sarah said...

I have to agree with a lot of this list. I also have to add that I miss FONG's as well as Craigo's. And I definitely don't miss the wind.

Adam and Christine Jardine said...

I do miss Rexburg occasionally. . . Adam and I talk about going back someday. But that's where we met, where our life started together, where the girls were born, we just had so many great experiences there. And then we remember how long it takes to warm up.

Alethea Carpenter said...

So which list took the most time? I'm not really sure. (I hope you're catching the sarcasm, because I'm laying it on pretty thick! Name that movie)
See you in a few days, Alethea

Anna said...

Haha, I have to laugh at everyone's comments; it seems many of us are of the same mind about Rexburg. Lots of good memories and such but then you remember actually *living* there and you're like, oh yeah, right.
Anyway, congrats on moving on! :) I hope the moving in part goes smoothly and all is well!