Friday, February 13, 2009

Golden Slumbers

His b-day party is tomorrow will post that soon, You are all invited to his Very Hungry Caterpillar B-day.

My baby boy turns one today, It was one year ago that I went into the hospital with Miles, because I delivered London so fast and I had Strep B with Miles, the Dr. told me when the contractions started happening ever 5 min. for a half hour to get in right away no matter how bad they were. I was making dinner and they started coming closer and closer but weren't that bad, Anthony was still at school. So I put dinner in the oven and got my things together I figured I would be going in so I got a little prepared. I had been dilated at a 4 for a week and a half, and was three days early, I went to the hospital after dropping London off at my Brother and Sister-in-laws. While getting admitted they checked me again to see how far dilated I was. Talk about awkward it took the nurse a full 3min but felt longer, to check how far dilated I was, it was so weird I started to laugh, I have no idea why it took her so long, but she was my nurse for the rest of the night, and every time she checked me it took forever. The worst part is I still see her around all the time on campus. Because I had Strep B they made me wait until all the anti-biotic had kicked in until they broke my water, once it had it was in the middle of the night, so they just let me sleep. The next morning I awoke 14hrs later, and finally asked for an epidural right before they broke my water, I had made it to 8 1/2 centimeters without one, next time I'm not going to worry about even having one. They broke my water and he was born a half hour later, with 13min. of pushing, not to shabby, the Dr. told me I was born for giving birth, (is that really a compliment?) and our Healthy beautiful baby boy was born at 6lbs9oz and 19 1/2in. long.
The year has gone by so fast. Mile has been such an amazing addition to our little Family, every day is a new and hilarious adventure with him. He is such a light in our life. He brightens our day, and makes each of us laugh hysterically at least once. He has such a definite personality, and it shines on everyone who meets him. He is small, (Dr.'s apt. next week, I'll give stats then) but makes up for it in personality. He loves his older brother, and is not afraid to stand up for himself. He has a bit of a anger issue, but who wouldn't when an older brother keeps stealing your toys.
Here's a list of things he can do:
Crawled(5months)
Clap(8months)
Peek-a-boo(8months)
Blow kisses(8months)
Wave Hi and Good Bye(8months)
High five(9months)
Motion for someone to come with him(10months)
Gives kisses(8months)
Gives Hugs(10months)
What's up Dude(8months)
Fold Arms(10months)
Back off the couch(9months) he taught himself that, I was so proud, most kids just go head first.
Sign; Please, More, All done(10months)
Shake Hands(11months)
Walks (Yesturday) He's been working on it really hard for the past two weeks. But I don't count it until they can walk across the entire room without help.
And Much more but this was all I could think off.
Miles we love you so much and are so glad that you have joined our little circus. You are such a snuggler and that makes me very happy. I love how you smile every time I enter the room, and give me the sweetest kisses. You are such a sweet heart and are very greatful for your fun and sweet personality.
Love you little buddy.

4 comments:

Harper said...

If Tyler could clone this kid, he would. We love little Miles! :)

Amy said...

That was so sweet. What a cute little guy you have. I remember having the same problem with my nurse. She actually had to go get someone else to do it. Errr...talk about embarrassing. Thanks for sharing your birth story.

Haylee Mecham said...

We love Miles too! So cute. Snugglers are the best!

Christina said...

Can't believe that our babies are already 1! Crazy how fast they grow! Happy Birthday Miles!