Monday, June 16, 2008

Ode' to Anthony

HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!
So many times we think that we let our spouse know how much we love them, but don't realize it is in our own language of love. I make him dinner every day, clean the house, take care of the kids, encourage and support his schooling, don't sell our children, jk! But it's not often enough that I sit down and tell him how much I truly Love and Appreciate him. So I have dedicated this post to my amazing husband and the most wonderful Father I could have ever wished for. It started at the very beginning, when we found out I was pregnant with London, he couldn't wait to put the car seat in the back of the car. When London was a newborn I could run to the grocery store and leave him at home with Anthony and know that he had it all under control, when most new fathers don't know what to do if they start crying or how to change their diaper, he had it down and never complained about doing it. Anthony's plan was to go to medical school but after having London he decided that he loved spending time with his family and wanted to be there during the early years of their life and not be gone all the time. When I had to leave to California for a very important family emergency, I left London home with Anthony and never worried once if they were OK. He is so amazing, helping me out with the boys, giving me needed little breaks during the week and spending much needed alone time together every night after the boys go to sleep. I Love him so much and I am so thankful for this wonderful man and for his parents for raising such a well rounded child. Every day that goes by I thank my Heavenly Father for blessing me with such a great Husband, Anthony I love you and since I'm not great with words, I thought I would write it. You mean the world to me thanks so much for your love and support, 3 years down an eternity to go, can't wait Babe!!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Cute pics the last few posts. What a blessing to have such a wonderful husband. And I think you two are so cute together!

Christina said...

Aaah, Laura, you're making the rest of us all look bad! But that's a neat post.

Harper said...

Awesome post, Laura!

We think Anthony is pretty great! :)

Alethea Carpenter said...

Laura, you're welcome!!

Just kidding, I can't actually take any credit for the way Anthony turned out, but I'm glad you are so great for him!! He and you both deserve the best!!!
We love ya!

Kris said...

HI Anthony and Laura! Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm so pleased you have a blog too and I'm going to put a link to yours on my blog.

London and Miles are so darn cute! I love that you have a Miles too! I do LOVE that name.